How to Change the Audio Source in Vista/7/8?
The method of changing audio sources
in Vista/7/8 differs than in XP. Please follow these steps to change
the audio source using Windows Vista/7/8.
- Click the
Start button in the lower left hand side.
- Click the
- On the left hand side of Control Panel, make sure "Classic
View" is selected. Double click the "Sound"
icon (This should appear as a speaker)
- Once these properties come up, select the "Recording"
- Step4 Alternative: Click the button Mixer
in Smart Audio Editor recording window.
- Depending on the sound cards and devices setup on your
computer, you may have a list of different options shown
here. Right click on a white space and select
Disabled Devices from the pop-up menu.
- Since it will vary on different computers, you may want
to select the first item in the list and click "Set
- You will see a
volume notch on the right hand side. With your
music playing, you should see this volume notch show activity
(green signal moving up and down)
- If you do not see this activity, please keep your music
going, but select the next item in the list and click "Set
- Once you have selected and found the appropriate device,
simply click Close, and you are set to